City of Santa Clarita
Social Media Policy
Welcome to the City of Santa Clarita’s Facebook page. The purpose of this Facebook page is to enable the City to post matters of public interest concerning City of Santa Clarita programs, activities, news stories and photos. The City of Santa Clarita’s intent is to create a limited forum devoted exclusively to its postings; any comments from members of the public must be relevant to the subject matter of the post they are responding to and must comply with the guidelines set forth below.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
The appearance of external links or the use of third-party applications on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the City of Santa Clarita.
City social media sites are public record and are subject to the California Records. For Public Records Act requests, please contact the City Clerk’s office directly.
You are encouraged to quote, republish or share any content on this site on your own blog, Web site or other communication/publication. If you do so, please credit the City or the person who authored the content as a courtesy.
Please refrain from posting any content that violates any of the guidelines set forth below. Posts that violate such guidelines are subject to removal by the City in its sole discretion:
- Do not post profane, obscene, violent, pornographic or sexual content.
- Do not post threats to any person or organization.
- Do not post content that defames anyone or any organization.
- Do not post content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on any legally protected category including race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic characteristics or information, military and veteran’s status, or any other category protected by federal or state law, including association with individuals with these protected characteristics or perception that an individual has one or more of these protected characteristics.
- Do not post any commercial solicitations (i.e. asking users to “like” your Facebook page or visit your website).
- Do not post advertisements, prize contests or giveaways. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- Do not post content that defames or defrauds any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- Do not post details about an ongoing investigation or legal or administrative proceeding that could prejudice the processes or could interfere with an individual’s rights.
- Do not post copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics.
- Do not post content that suggests or encourages illegal activity.
- Do not post content in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaign or ballot measure.
- Do not post documents of any kind.
- All information posted to social media sites will be unclassified. No FOUO (for official use only), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should ever be posted or discussed on this page. Do not post personnel lists, rosters, organization charts or directories.
For more information, visit the City of Santa Clarita Social Media user agreement at: